VOKRA’s looking for a full-time, temporary Reception and Administrative Assistant to work out of our Operations Centre. This position is only open to individuals between the age of 18 – 30 and candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Hours per Week:
35 hours per week; maximum of 8 hours per day
- Must be able to work weekends and statutory holidays.
- Workdays will vary from week to week.
- This is a full time, eight-week summer contract job opportunity to commence on July 2, 2019.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Customer service oriented
- Intermediate computer and social media skills
- Recent reception and or administrative assistant experience is a definite asset.
Other Job Requirements:
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing daily work environment
- Daily data entry
- Ability to lift items to a maximum of 20 kg
- Must be comfortable and able to handle tame and or shy cats/kittens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reception – Greet visitors and fosters at our Operations Center – ensuring that they are directed to the appropriate team member(s)
- Answering the phone, voicemail, emails, and direct as appropriate.
- Volunteer Management – Ensure that volunteers sign in for their shifts; ensure volunteer has signed the liability form
- Inventory Management – Daily, replenish the food and litter in the front office from the supplies in the back room. Ensure that all fosters that pick-up supplies record what they take in the inventory book.
- Data Entry/Filing – Filing documentation, Sorting mail
- Cat management data entry (using “Pencilneck”)
- Merchandise Sales and Donations – Handling cheque and or cash payment for VOKRA merchandise sold at reception, and for donations as received, and recording information appropriately
- Merchandise and brochures replenishment
- General Administration
- Opening and or closing procedures
- Daily updates to the cat/kitten control board (i.e. comings & goings)
- Creating tracking binders and updating cat information in online databases
- Preparing supply packages for fosters and providing basic information
- Other administration duties as required
- Inventory Control – Cat food and litter supplies, Medications, Operations Center supplies and consumables
Note: This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour
Want to apply? Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.