VOKRA’s 2018 AGM is coming up on October 18 and we’re actively recruiting for two new members to join the board as directors at large.
A director is fully informed on organizational matters and participates in the board’s deliberations and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy. They also review the bylaws and policy manual and recommend bylaw changes to the membership; participate in the development of VOKRA’s organizational plan and annual review; and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees, operations management team, volunteers and community to enhance VOKRA’s mission. Directors at large are required to attend monthly VOKRA board meeting, including preparation time to review materials.
Here’s what it takes to be a board member:
- Membership in the VOKRA society. You must be a member to be a board member
- Commitment to the work of the organization
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance: policy, finance, programs, personnel, fundraising and advocacy
- Willingness to serve on committees and attend committee meetings
- Attendance at monthly board meetings + preparation time to review materials
- Attendance at meetings of assigned committees
- Attendance at Annual General Meetings
- Support of special events
- Support of and participation in fundraising events
If you’ve got what it takes and want to learn more email email@example.com.
2018 VOKRA AGM
Thursday, October 18
7 to 8 p.m. (doors open at 6:15 p.m.)
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 1573 – 18 Avenue E., Vancouver
Anyone can attend our AGM, however in order to vote you need to become a society member. Membership is only $10 and is a great way to show your support for VOKRA.
Members will receive a full agenda package, but briefly, the points to be covered will be:
- Minutes of the Previous AGM, October 19, 2017
- Presentation: 2018 in Review
- Treasurer’s Report: 2017 Financial Statements
- Motion to set membership fee post October AGM
- Motions to change the bylaws (if any)
- Election of the Board members
- Thank you to the Outgoing Board
- New Business
- Meeting Adjourned
We have asked people to indicate whether or not they will be attending the meeting so we can get a rough idea of the number of people who will show up. People intending to run for Board positions must be present for both the nomination and the acceptance of the nomination. Under BC Society Act bylaws, no proxies are permitted.